Let’s be super duper strict. Below are the rules for your play:
1. The play has 3 talking characters and two that don’t talk. You have an option of adding one more character – but only if he delivers pizza!
2. One of the characters is magical (in whatever way you see fit) and/or one of the characters is obsessed with fish.
3. You may use a maximum of 7 pauses in the play, but 3 of them must be in the middle of a sentence.
4. One character has a total of exactly 26 lines in the play. Each line must begin with a different letter of the alphabet.
5. Every line of dialogue must have one of the following: either 4 words, 15 words, 21 words, 25 words, 47 words or 104 words (you can punctuate as you like).
6. The play will contain three scenes/acts.
7. One of the scenes involves all the characters dancing.
8. Each scene/act must have a minimum of 18 lines of dialogue, and each scene/act must contain one group action.
9. One person sings a drunken song on a table; one person spits; and one tries to commit suicide (can all be the same person)
10. One of the characters must make a life changing decision and two others realise they need to change their relationship.
Another weekend challenge to utilise all that ‘extra free time’ we have on Saturdays and Sundays. So here I am, Saturday 1.52am, because soon I have to wake up and drive to Birmingham and be busy all weekend.
Except, I sort of loved it.
P.S. Have been at a wedding fayre all day… so I used that as a starting point!